Melody(Mass preview) Melody(Mass preview)

oh i guess i find the original track

haha, man youre literally in my eyes, a predecessor of nhato, with your own style on top. we have to collab, it's a must, you have the coolest progressions, and i know what you were going for on the grungy bass effect, man i can do that stuff flawlessly. xD. but anyway, i really like your stuff so far. some people might vote down for lack of equalization, but i dont even care about that stuff, its hard to even think of it while listening to this because it has so much emotion.

D-Chain responds:

hey AB. its good to get compliments every now and you know when.
i dont really know Nhato.. i basically have my own ways of doing and composing/producing.

but the lack of equalization is negative cz it has lots and lots of equalizations on the sounds. tho, the percs and cymbals DO lack in equalization cz i really hate to do it.

besides, i dont care how long this journey is taking me untill im good enough to proof i am.

i also hate internet collabs bc of the lack of vst's / samples, and so on.. you dont have, and the other way around.

im glad you reviewed man :)
oh and if youre really that good then show me your grungy bass thingy.. haha xD

"Final Moments" "Final Moments"

very nice

smiled when the strings came into play, im a sucker for orchestral , i could be wrong but the strings muffle out the piano, it's probably just my headphones, anyway it's nice, i would say i want to remix this but, theyre your ideas that i admire so keep me posted on it's development

Pillars of Creation (WIP) Pillars of Creation (WIP)

hey man

i went through a bunch of your music but i admire this piece so far because it shows you are beginning to focus on actual progression and simplicity of sounds and layering. the background arp is cool i like the notes and scales it's in but it sounds very fake and all the sounds only magnify that detail which makes it sound like a house song from the 80s lol. umm the pitch bending thing going on at the second half, i can imagine if u did work on replacing most of the sounds it would be a really nice groove more over so. ah yes that pitch bending, i can imagine an acoustic guitar string with portamento on mono playing the same notes with reverb and delay, over that bass would sound neat with the background arp. the background arp is kinda too fat sounding, maybe lower the voices of the oscillator and compress and duck it behind all the sounds more. the pad is nice too but it seems to be too high and clashes with the arp, try transposing one of the oscs an octave lower, what program do you produce with anyway?

PainasaurusRex responds:

Wow, that was a lot of information. So, first things first, the ending was like 5 minutes of thought, going to be removed. I'm pretty much fixing everything. Next, I do need to work on the bass, and I will try that, it sounds like it might help. I will take everything you said into consideration. Finally, I use FL Studios. :D

Sincerely,
Prex

Coded (TEASER) Coded (TEASER)

I enjoyed it

it's obviously not the most creative lead, but it really doesnt matter, kids these days go nuts for that sound. Not sure if you produce dry mixes before you add reverb and effects, because it sounds really sticky right now.

DJ-Steeve responds:

yes, i'm gonna add some reverb arp or something, and I'm looking for a new melody to add. But Thanks for the review! :D

Towards the Sky Towards the Sky

well

never use stock fl voice clips, man do they suck.

I can't really state a place to go for plugins, but i can tell you some essential names you will want to look up. and purchase or (retrieve..somehow nadadamean)

anyway, vengeance essentials club sounds, and anything vengeance essentials for samples.
soft synths - sylenth2, synapse dune, ni massive, zebra2, rgc audio z3ta, synth1,

are some really easy to use synths

you will need to find a piano vst, u can look up sound fonts for those, because fl keys just doesnt cut it

AutonomousRedux responds:

Thanks for the suggestions, man. Once I get some dough, I'll definitely check 'em out. Makes me really glad you helped.

Crush (Ashes) Crush (Ashes)

boy

i'll be light on you. but this needs a lot of work if you actually want to consider it a song. that kick is no good, the shaker is too thin for the bassy kick and high resonant synth in the background. that random clap sounds hilarious when compared to the crash's delay, because the reverb is completely different.

Do some homework, actually compose a song then change the instruments. also if you wanna keep that high detuned saw, i suggest you layer it with something, its stabbing my ears

-PdG- Beam -PdG- Beam

sounds good

sounds like you made basically all the synths, it's good to hear fresh electro purely made by synths and not samples, has way more clarity to it, and this song is all of that. Also you didnt throw in white noise woosh sounds on the beginning of each pattern like 5 billion artists out there in the mainstream. so cheers to that

Prodigal responds:

As a matter of fact, I made almost all the synths. The only non-original synth is the regular bass heard throughout the whole song, but it's still altered.

I hate the white noise whoosh. :P

Thanks for the review!

Hope in a Dark Time Hope in a Dark Time

touching

What I love is the perfectly constructed dynamics of certain parts, the reverb sounds great most specifically over the higher softer notes, which is a given, but it sounds excellent. When I read what you wrote I was like oh man this is going to suck. But you got me, I like the way you portray this concept of feeling.

cl0udstr1fe89 responds:

hahaha, I'm glad you liked the song man..instrumental piano is my thang

=Nosia= =Nosia=

Hey Man

You got a nice vibe going on, I'm not sure if this is the overall newgrounds influence on music, but the track is very dry. In terms of reverb and atmosphere. It has so much room for some layered pads and an actual bass. Maybe you were going for vgm, that I do not know, but I can tell you haven't been producing music for a long time. It has a lot of potential, you should look into eq'ing and mastering, and making sounds from scratch. Sometimes when I produce music, I make a template that generally sounds like this until I actually replace the instruments with real sounding ones.

Daydream-Anatomy responds:

Thanks:]

I was aiming towards VGM, but I can hear what you're saying about hte mix being really thin.

ty again.